Wayanad is a rural district in Kerala state, southwest India. In the east, the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary is a lush, forested region with areas of high altitude, home to animals including Asiatic elephants, tigers, leopards and egrets. In the Ambukuthi Hills to the south, Edakkal Caves contain ancient petroglyphs, some dating back to the Neolithic age. The natural scenic beauty of Wayanad and its rich natural resources offer several opportunities for adventure tourism. The hills rocks and valley which make the very unique character of Wayanad provide a lot for catering to the ever increasing demand for adventure tourist.Trekking to the Chembra peak is one of the risky tourist endeavours. Chembra peak is the highest peak in Wayanad at 2100m. above mean sea level. It is14 kms. west of Kalpetta.
Wayanad Famous Tourist Places
- Chembra Peak (Kalpetta) -A beautiful trek to a natural wonder
- Kuruvadweep (Kalpetta) - pristine beauty
- Banasura Sagar Dam - Beautiful place
- Meenmutty Falls (Kalpetta) - Very Nice Place
- Neelimala Viewpoint (Vaduvanchal) - A perfect place for tourist