Munnar rises as three mountain streams merge - Mudrapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundala. 1,600 m above sea level, this hill station was once the summer resort of the erstwhile British Government in South India. Sprawling tea plantations, picturesque towns, winding lanes and holiday facilities make this a popular resort town. Among the exotic flora found in the forests and grasslands here is the Neelakurinji. This flower which bathes the hills in blue once in every twelve years, will bloom next in 2018. Munnar also has the highest peak in South India, Anamudi, which towers over 2,695 m. Anamudi is an ideal spot for trekking. Munnar is a town and hill station located in the Idukki district of the southwestern Indian state of Kerala. Munnar is situated at around 1,600 metres (5,200 ft) above mean sea level, in the Western Ghats range of mountains.
Munnar Famous Tourist Places
- Tea Gardens - View of Munnar
- Kalari Kshethra - Amazing talent in the midst of the Mountans
- Mattupetty Dam,Echo Point - Real beauty of Munnar : Your Heart Will Definitely Lock
- Rose Garden - Variety of flowers
- Attukal Waterfalls,Lakkam Waterfalls - BE CAREFUL! NATURAL & BEAUTIFUL!!!