Located in the state of Tamil Nadu, Kodaikanal is one of the most famous honeymoon destinations in India. Kodaikanal means the gift of the forests. It stands true to its name as the place is blessed with different varieties of green, luscious trees, the enormous, beautiful rocks formations and enchanting waterfalls. Beautiful spiralling Ghats overlooking the greenery of this hill station is perfect for finding peace and tranquillity while relishing the beauty of nature. The name Kodaikanal means gift of the forest and the dense forest with many varieties of trees, the huge rocks in the wilderness and the enchanting waterfalls, makes it a real gift for the tourists visiting this place. An area blessed by its location in the Palani Hills in Western Ghats, it creates landscapes and natural beauty that one doesn't want to miss. To make the most of the enchanting surroundings one can undertake various activities such as trekking, boating, horse riding etc.
Kodaikanal Famous Tourist Places
- Kodaikanal Lake - Bliss in the Princess of Hills
- Coakers Walk - Good for a long walk with beautiful scenes.
- Pine Forest - Nice photo opportunity!
- Pillar Rocks - Awesome view!
- Bryant Park - simply awesome
- Fairy Falls - Excellent View of the Falls