The scenic backwaters of Kerala comprise serene stretches of lakes, canals and lagoons located parallel to the coast of the Arabian Sea. The backwater regions of Kerala are one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. The tranquil backwater cruises are a once in a lifetime experience. Alappuzha, known as the 'Venice of the East', is especially popular for its houseboat cruises where you can soak in nature at its finest form.
Kerala Backwater Famous Tourist Places
- Alleppey Backwaters - experience the charm of Kerala
- Kuttanad Backwaters - between the hill and the sea
- Kumarakom Backwaters - multi colored birds and luscious freshwater fishes
- Kasargod Backwaters - land of seven languages and seven cultures.
- Kollam Backwaters - popular for the amazing houseboat cruises